Tips for Protecting Your Eyes at Work in Plano and Celina TX
Protecting your eyes is important in every workplace environment. Whether you’re building houses in the fresh air, studying slides in a lab, cleaning floors in a school or typing at your desk, your eyes are at risk. Every day approximately 2,000 U.S. workers sustain work-related eye injuries requiring medical attention, reports the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. However, the majority of these injuries are preventable.
Keep your eyes safe by following these tips for protecting your eyes at work from Lone Star Vision in Plano and Celina TX.
Eye Care Tips for Hazardous Work Environments in Plano and Celina TX
Jobs where you work with chemicals, projectiles, radiation and blood-borne pathogens increase your chances of an eye injury. Construction, maintenance, electrical, auto and medical workers benefit from these eye care tips for hazardous work environments in Plano and Celina TX.
- Wear safety glasses with side shields in environments with flying particles.
- Wear goggles when working with chemicals.
- Wear special-purpose safety glasses or helmets while working with hazardous radiation.
Unfortunately, not all jobs follow safety regulations. Our eye care professionals can recommend the right equipment.
Computer Vision Eye Care Tips
Sitting at a computer poses a different kind of hazard; in fact, there’s a name for it: Computer Vision Syndrome. Symptoms include dryness, twitching and redness, blurred or double vision, headaches, back and neck pain, and decreased productivity and increased work errors. These computer vision eye care tips help provide relief.
- Adjust the lighting and eliminate any glares in your workspace and on your computer screen.
- Move your monitor so it is just below eye level and at an arm’s distance away.
- Take breaks and blink often. Every 20 minutes, look at an object 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
At Lone Star Vision, we also prescribe lubricating eye drops and special glasses for computer vision syndrome.
Call Us Today To Schedule An Appointment
If your job is putting your eyes at risk, schedule an appointment at one our locations: In Plano: 5425 W Spring Creek Pkwy #145, Plano, TX 75024, (972) 378-4104. In Celina: 1060 South Preston Rd #100, Celina, TX 75009, (972) 382-2020.