Identify Signs Of Sight Loss With Our Plano And Celina, TX Optometrists
Your vision is a very important sense and a vital component of our daily lives. The best way to protect that vision is by having regular comprehensive eye examinations on a regular basis. At Lone Star Vision in Plano and Celina, TX, we recommend that most patients have their eyes examined at least every three years if their vision doesn’t need correcting. For most patients, though, we ask that they come in more often than that.
Symptoms That Indicate Sight Loss
Some eye diseases can cause blindness if left untreated, such as cataracts, glaucoma, and macular degeneration. This is one reason why regular exams are so important: our optometrists can only diagnose a disease during an examination. There are signs and symptoms that can indicate a problem, even if you haven’t been diagnosed with any major eye disease. If you begin experiencing any of the following, contact our office, even if you’ve recently had an exam:
- Recurring pain in or around the eye
- Seeing floating spider webs
- Severe, sudden eye pain
- Unusual vision problems such as a dark curtain falling or a cup of ink filling up in front of your eye
- White areas in the pupil of the eye
- Painful and unusual sensitivity to glare or light in general
- A change in the color of the iris
- A sudden collection of floaters in front of your eyes
- Blurred or double vision
- Swollen, red, or itchy eyes, with or without a discharge
Call Our Office of Optometry in Plano or Celina
Sudden changes in your eyesight can be a sign of a real danger to your vision. If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, don’t ignore them in the hopes that they’ll go away. Delaying could cause permanent damage or a loss of sight. Contact our office to make an appointment as soon as possible. Give us a call at 972-378-4104 in Plano or at 972-382-2020 in Celina and we’ll schedule a visit as soon as possible.