- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Eye Surgery FAQ’s with our Plano Optometrist
Do you have a vision or eye condition that can be treated surgically? At Lone Star Vision, our eye doctors play a vital role in the surgical process when our patients decide to have laser eye surgery. We offer comprehensive pre-op and post-op care for many eye surgeries.
What types of eye surgery do we co-manage at Lone Star Vision?
While prevention and early treatment are always our top priorities, surgery is sometimes the most effective way to treat an eye condition or refractive error. We work closely with ophthalmologists who offer a variety of procedures, from laser eye surgery to correct vision problems to surgeries that treat cataracts and other age-related eye conditions.
What conditions do we manage with laser eye surgery?
Our eye doctors team up with some of the top eye care specialists to manage eye surgeries for many different eye and vision conditions, including these common conditions:
- Refractive Errors – Myopia, astigmatism, and hyperopia can all be corrected with a laser eye surgery called PRK, and we also offer referrals and post-op care for LASIK surgery
- Strabismus – This eye disorder affects control of the eye muscles, leading to “off-center eyes” that may require surgery; options include recession to weaken an overactive eye muscle and resection to strengthen a weaker eye muscle
- Cataracts – If you have cloudy lenses that interfere with your vision, your eye doctor may recommend surgery to remove the cataracts
- Dry Eye Syndrome – If your tear ducts don’t produce enough tears, we may perform a simple procedure to increase lubrication to your eyes
Of course, these are just a few examples of the conditions we may recommend. Ask your eye doctor if surgery is right for you.
Is LASIK eye surgery right for you? How much does LASIK eye surgery cost?
If you’re interested in LASIK eye surgery to correct your vision, our optometrists will be able to help. We don’t perform LASIK on site, but we do take care of all your pre-op and post-op eye care needs, including the consultations and referrals you need to get LASIK. You’ll start with a LASIK consultation and exam, which includes pre-op tests and measurements that tell us whether you’re a good candidate for the procedure. After LASIK, you’ll come back to Lone Star Vision for your post-op eye care needs, including exams to keep track of your progress and ensure your eyes are healing properly.
What if your cornea is too thin for LASIK?
LASIK isn’t the only laser eye surgery that corrects vision. If your cornea is too thin but you want a more permanent solution for your refractive error, ask your eye doctor about photorefractive keratectomy (PRK) surgery. This procedure uses laser light to reshape your cornea and without making a “flap”, prompting the regeneration of the outer layer over your corrected eye.
Make an Appointment with Our Plano Optometrist
Do you have a condition that may require eye surgery? Call Lone Star Vision at 972-378-4104 to make an appointment with an optometrist in Plano. If you’re closer to Celina, call 972-382-2020 instead. We look forward to taking care of your vision and eye care needs.